Pages

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Twinsie Tuesday: Birthstone Color (CND Red Hot Polish Duo)

Welcome to another edition of Twinsie Tuesday!!  Today's theme is "Birthstone Color" and since I was born in July, that makes me a ruby.

I chose to use CND's (Creative Nail Design) "Red Hot" polish duo that came out a year or two ago around Valentines Day.  Side story: These CND sets are a favorite thing of mine. I collect them, and this was one that I had not picked up when it first came out.  I found it in one of my favorite ways ever- at a random beauty supply, at LEAST a year after it was released, sitting on a shelf by itself on CLEARANCE! Woohoo!  I'm only missing a few of the CND polish sets, so if you know of any places that carry them, I'd forever be indebted to you ;-)

OK, back to my birthstone color manicure.  I used the first part of the duo, "Just Red" for this.  Now, if you know me, you know that red polish is not my favorite. This one was so shiny and flattering, with a nice jelly-creme texture, that it quickly changed my mind. 2 layers:


Then I added just one layer of "Red Sparkle", a clear based polish with teeny red glitters. It adds just enough sparkle to this:
Red? check; sparkly? check; ruby like? Check!

Don't forget to check out the other Twinsies' birthstone colored manicures:




Ashley at Art Evolve
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Katherine at Haul of Fame
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Meredith at Polish and Charms
Rachel at Top Coat It


No comments:

Post a Comment